Membership applications to Belmont Hills or Ardmore Avenue swimming pools will be accepted, beginning March 4, 2019.
PLEASE READ ALL INFORMATION
IT WILL MAKE THE APPLICATON PROCESS QUICK, AND EASY!!
Links to ALL of the forms, fee schedule, rules, etc and On-line registration can be found at the bottom of this page.
Ardmore Avenue Pool
122 Ardmore Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003
Ardmore Pool Directions
Belmont Hills Pool
122 Mary Waters Ford Road
Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
Belmont Hills Pool Directions
Weekdays: 12 Noon – 8:00 PM
Weekends/Holidays: 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Swim lessons are offered at both pools. Registration is done at each pool. Please refer to the lesson schedule for each pool.
Birthday parties and gatherings can be coordinated with each pool's Aquatic Director. Gatherings are only permitted during normal pool operating hours. Guest fees apply.
There is NO limit on Memberships to Lower Merion Residents.
A limited Number of Memberships for Non-Lower Merion resident will be available for the Belmont Hills Pool as well as the Ardmore Avenue Pool (Non Residents include Narberth).
Weekends only Saturday, May 25 through Sunday, June 16
Both Pools are Open Memorial Day - Monday, May 27
Pool is open 7 Days per week Monday, June 17 through Monday, September 2 (as operations allow)
First ½ Season = Saturday, May 25 through Sunday, July 21
Second ½ Season = Saturday, July 20 through Monday, September 2
Early Morning Lap Swim @ Belmont Hills Pool
- June 17 – August 9, 2019 (as operations allow)
- 8:00 – 9:00am, Monday – Friday
- This hour is reserved for Lap Swimmers ONLY
- Ardmore Pool Members can participate in the Early Morning Lap Swim at Belmont Hills Pool.
Tot Pool Hours @ Belmont Hills Pool
- June 17 – August 9, 2019 (as operations allow)
- Open at 10:00am, Monday – Friday
- Members will ONLY be permitted to use the Tot Pool.
- Ardmore Pool Members can participate.
The Parks & Recreation Department’s Family Fun Night will be Tuesday, July 30 from 5:00 – 7:45pm. The pool will be open to Belmont Hills and Ardmore Pool members as well as participants in our summer recreation programs.
The Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta will be held Sunday, August 4 (rain or shine) beginning at 3:00pm. The lap pool will be CLOSED for this event, but will re-open once event is complete.
The Aquatics Director may, at his/her discretion, restrict further access to the facility if he/she determines that the facility has reached unsafe conditions due to overcrowding. In addition, he/she may prohibit guests when necessary to relieve overcrowding.
Here are some frequently asked questions to help you get started.
- I was not a member in 2018. What do I do?
Complete the application and submit the proper fees along with proof of residency if you are a Lower Merion Resident. Non Residents do not need to submit proof of residency.
- I was a member in 2018 but cannot find my scan-able membership card. What do I do?
On your application indicate that you were a member in 2018 and that your membership card has been lost. Then include an additional $10 for each replacement card.
- I am adding my child who will be 2 years of age as of June 1, 2019 or I have married or otherwise expanded my family, adding people to my membership application. What do I do?
When you add someone to your membership who was not on your prior year’s membership you must include a copy of one of the proofs of ID/Residency that are listed on the reverse of this letter.
Please note Adult & Children requirements are different.
- Is financial assistance available?
Financial assistance is available to Lower Merion residents only who meet certain income eligibility guidelines. The process is confidential. The Application with the required supporting documentation needed is available below.
2019 APPLICATION MATERIALS:
- Swimming Pool Membership Application. This form can be used to apply for membership for either pool. If you are joining both pools we will need a separate form for each. Memberships are nontransferable.
- List of Acceptable Proof of Identification/Residency Lower Merion & Narberth residents who were not 2018 Members must show proof of identification/residency. Clearly legible photocopies are acceptable.
- Pool Rules & Regulations
- 2019 Graduated Fees and Membership Options Schedule
- "Need to Know” - This provides the Pool season dates, times & Special Events.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU JOIN:
- The Family Membership fee is for a family of three (3)...please note on the fee schedule the cost for additional members.
- All persons using the swimming pools MUST be fully potty-trained.
- All infants, toddlers or small children 5 years of age and under who are not potty-trained may only use the Wading pool and are required to wear non-disposable elasticized swim diapers that fit snugly around the legs and waist.
- Children 13 years of age and under must be accompanied by a person at least 18 years of age who must accept responsibility for the safety and conduct of the child.
- The Belmont Hills Pool Intermediate Pool will operate with a 30 minute Open Swim / 30 minute Adult Swim format.
- The Belmont Hills Pool Intermediate Pool will have a minimum of two lanes dedicated for lap swimming at all times with the rest of the pool either Open Swim or Adult Swim.
- The use of a personal flotation device is limited to Unites States Coast Guard (USCG) certified life vests only.
- Both pools are scheduled to open on weekends beginning May 25 (Memorial Weekend) and open seven days per week beginning June 17.
- Either or both pools may close prior to September 2 depending upon the Township’s ability to properly operate and guard the pools.
2019 TOWNSHIP SWIMMING POOL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION PROCEDURES:
Completed Applications must include the following:
- Names, date of birth, ages and relationship of all persons on the membership, home address, telephone numbers, email, membership type
- Signed waiver and acknowledgment
- Proof of residency for any new individuals on your membership or have lost your temporary pool pass.
(Example: If one of your children will be 2 years of age by June 1, 2019).
- Affidavit for day care provider, if applicable. (Nanny/Au Pair/Babysitter Declaration/Statement with individual’s name and dates of employment.)
- If you have moved, married, divorced or otherwise changed the status of your application – be sure to note it on your application. Residency verification may be required.
- Print carefully - if your handwriting is illegible, it will delay processing your application.
- Payment must be made in full before you will receive your membership Cash, Checks, Money Orders, Visa, Discover & Master Card are accepted. Please make checks payable to: Treasurer, Lower Merion Township. On-line payments made with a check are charged a flat fee of $1.50. All Visa, Discover & Master Card payments are charged 2.45% of the total cost.
- To qualify for the discount period your application must be postmarked by the deadlines provided on the Fee and Membership Options Schedule.
If you have any questions, please call us at 610-645-6220 or Email us at email@example.com
Mail completed application to:
Township of Lower Merion
Department of Parks & Recreation
75 E Lancaster Ave Ardmore, PA 19003-2323
Acceptable Forms of Proof of Residency/Identification:Legible Photocopies will be accepted.
PA Driver’s License, listing the correct address
Valid Car Registration, listing the correct address
Valid Car Insurance, listing the correct address
PA Voter’s Registration Card, listing the correct address
Deed, listing name(s) and address
Lease, listing name(s) and address
Agreement of Sale, listing name(s) and address
Current Year Township, County, School District tax bill listing the correct address
Current Year mortgage coupon book, listing the correct address
Birth Certificate or Social Security card for each child, ages 2 to 21
Current health insurance card listing children.
Current passport for each child, ages 2 to 21
Current school year report card.
Completed and Signed IRS Tax form listing children & Social Security Number
PA Driver’s License for children over 16, listing the correct address
Lower Merion Township Library card
Rules and Information:
- Pool Rules and Regulations
- “Need to Know” – General Pool Information Dates, Hours & Special Events
- Lap Swimming Etiquette
- Hygienic Use of the Pools
Fees, Application and Declarations:
- Pool Membership Application
- 2019 Pool Fee Schedule - Coming Soon!
- Nanny/Au Pair/Babysitter Declaration
- Application for Financial Assistance
Online registration please click HERE. If you have an account please "Login". If you do not have an account you will need to "Create" an account including your family members in your account to register for the pool