The 2012 Comprehensive Parks & Recreation Plan complements the 2006 Lower Merion Open Space and Environmental Resources Protection Plan and will serve as the Parks and Recreation element of the Township’s Comprehensive Plan.
The plan identifies a series of specific actions that the Township can take to improve its parks and recreation services to better meet the needs of its residents and recommends a plan for their implementation.
• Develop Township-wide playground replacement program and schedule.
• Develop master plan process, framework and schedule for developed parks.
• Develop accessibility standards for park system.
• Map bike routes
• With BTA, develop process to map trails in Township’s natural areas.
Management, Administration & Operations
• Determine feasibility of Lower Merion Parks Foundation.
• Develop Gifts catalog / gifts and donations policy for parks.
Parks and Recreation Plan Update 2012-2022 - (PDF 12.22 MB)