In order to receive payment for goods or services furnished to the Township, the vendor is required to submit an original invoice to the department/division receiving the goods or services. Payment will not be authorized from packing slips or account statements.
Invoices must show:
- Township purchase order number (if applicable);
- Complete description of goods or services furnished;
- Unit prices and extensions;
- Discount terms; and
- Name of department/division to which shipment was made.
In addition, the invoice should include an invoice number, vendor's name and mailing address.
How The Township Pays
After an order has been placed or a purchase order has been issued, four steps remain before a transaction is completed. These are:
- Delivery and acceptance of goods/services to the user department/division;
- Verification of receipt of goods/services by the user department/division;
- Invoicing by the vendor; and,
- Payment by the Township.
The Township has established bill-paying cycles. Payments are generally made via the Township's Purchasing Card (credit card) or via check. Payments are usually made within thirty (30) days after receipt of invoice and vendor checks are typically mailed on Fridays.