In an effort to raise environmental awareness throughout Lower Merion Township and to highlight environmental achievements, the Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) sponsors an Annual “Go for the Green” awards to recognize our Township’s finest residents, businesses, organizations and schools located in the Township or who conduct business in the Township for their work to improve and protect our environment.
2019 AWARD CATEGORIES:
Joseph M. Manko Lifetime Achievement Award
An individual or group that makes a long term significant impact on environmental issues such as improvement, protection, and awareness of the environment.
Any individual living in the Township or Narberth Borough.
Any multi-family building in the Township or Narberth Borough.
Businesses located in or providing services in the Township or Narberth Borough.
Nonprofit entities or citizens’ groups in the Township or Narberth Borough.
Schools, universities and affiliated student or youth organizations in the Township or Narberth Borough.
A property that has been enhanced through greening efforts such as the installation of trees, shrubs and other plant material, the reduction in impervious paving, or other improvement to the outdoor environment thereby improving the site ecologically and aesthetically.
- All residents, businesses, organizations, schools and sites located in the Township or Narberth Borough or who conduct business in the Township or Borough.
- Eligible candidates will have taken actions which result in improvement or protection of the environment. Examples include, but are not limited to the following: conservation, recycling, stormwater management, organic pest management, alternative energy source usage, green building technology, education/outreach, etc.
- Nominations may be made with or without the knowledge of the nominees. Self-nominations will be accepted for any of the categories.
- Complete the attached nomination form and submit it, along with any supporting material, by Thursday, April 18, 2019, no later than 4:30 p.m.
- The final assignment to award categories is at the discretion of the EAC and the STC (Commercial Site Greening category).
- Nominations will be evaluated by members of the EAC and/or STC.
- The Township shall retain all submission materials unless a written request for their return accompanies the application. The Township retains the right to exhibit and/or publish the material in furtherance of educational goals.
- Submittals shall be bound by a staple, binder clip or paper clip and shall consist only of paper with the exception of photographs. Nominations in binders, plastic separators and non-recyclable materials, etc. will not be accepted. Submittals will not be evaluated on the aesthetic of the package.
- The EAC or STC may choose not to present Awards in all categories.
2018 Go for the Green Award Winners
The Awards Ceremony was held on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at Appleford, 770 Mt Moro Rd, Villanova. The 2018 Go for the Green Awardees were:
Go for the Green Award Category
|Joseph M. Manko Lifetime Achievement Award||Michael Stokes
|Education Award||Deaver Wellness Farm & Dr. Jeannette Dumas, Rosemont College
|Resident Award||Orsolya Lazar
|Site Greening Award||Bruce Gill, Harriton House
|Commercial Award||Mom's Organic Market, Bryn Mawr
|Sustainability Award||Jennifer Pavao
|Organization Award||NarbEarth Day Committee/Narberth Civic Association & Tired Hands|