Chapter 13 of the Township Code established the Lower Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) in 1985 and defines the roles and powers of the EAC. Generally, the EAC provides advice to the Board of Commissioners of Lower Merion Township, Planning Commission and township staff. Specifically, the EAC:
- Recommends plans and programs to the Board of Commissioners to promote and conserve the natural resources of other Township and to protect and improve the quality of the environment within the Township.
- Recommends possible use of open land areas within the Township.
- Promotes community environmental programs.
- Maintains an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including but not limited to flood-prone areas, swamps and other unique natural areas, for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of such areas.
- Advises other advisory boards, agencies and officials of the Township as appropriate, in the acquisition of property in matters dealing with environmental issues.
The EAC meets publicly the fourth Tuesday of every month at the Lower Merion Township building. We encourage you attend an upcoming EAC meeting (see schedule below). The agenda for each meeting is posted on the website calendar and the public is welcome to attend the meetings.
The EAC is composed of seven volunteer residents of Lower Merion Township. The current member list.
To report any environmental issues to the Township, please use the LM Report-It App.
For general questions, email the EAC administrative staff at EAC@lowermerion.org.
2018 Environmental Action Plan
Stormwater Management Plan
Go For The Green Awards Program
Meeting Minutes of the EACAs of January 2011, Minutes will be available in PDF form on the Reports and Archives page in the Meeting Minutes; Environmental Advisory Council section.
Upcoming EAC Meeting Dates
Subject to later notice of change of time and location, Environmental Advisory Council meetings will be held starting at approximately 7:00 PM on the following dates: