The Comprehensive Plan provides a framework for future policy and planning decisions. The Plan was developed with citizens' advisory committees over the course of several years with input from residents and stakeholders. The Comprehensive Plan was adopted by the Board of Commissioners January 2016.
Printed copies are available for review at each of the Township’s library branches and at the Building & Planning Department. A limited number of printed copies may also be purchased at-cost for $115 from the Building & Planning Department. Links to the Comprehensive Plan are provided below.
- Introduction & Background
- Circulation Element
- Water Resources Element
- Land Use Element
- Housing Element
- Community Facilities and Infrastructure Element
- Parks & Recreation Plan
The Issues Report, completed in 2010, was the first step in the Comprehensive Plan process. The Issues Report explains the consequences of recent growth and redevelopment in the Township and outlines the specific program for the various elements of the plan. The Issues Report also provides the much of technical background necessary for all members of the community, so they may effectively understand and evaluate complex issues.
- Table of Contents
- Appendix A - Community Profile
- Appendix B - Planning Studies 1998-2008
- Appendix C - Historic Preservation Best Practices
- Appendix D - Issues & Themes Identified by Stakeholders
- Appendix E - Summary of Public Issues Report Workshops 2010-2011
- Appendix F - 2010 Lower Merion Township Community Profile