NOTE: Effective June 1st, 2019, all mattresses and box springs to be disposed of must be wrapped in a mattress disposal bag prior to being brought to the Koegel facility, or wrapped prior to being picked up by Township staff by Special Refuse Collection Services.
Starting Saturday, June 27, 2020, the Transfer Station at 1300 N. Woodbine Avenue will resume regular hours and no longer require appointments. Hours are Monday through Friday 8am-3pm and Saturdays 9am-2:30pm. Recycling and tree brush drop off are at no cost and trash is 10 cents per pound for Lower Merion residents. Proof of residency required.
Until Further Notice: Masks and Social Distancing will be required to enter the Transfer Station. Staff will not be available to unload items in order to adhere to distancing requirements and for the safety of our residents and staff.
- Hours of Operation
- Solid Waste Collection Options & Fees
- Can Size Options & Examples
- Solid Waste Collection Change form
- Recycling Guide, Holidays & Special Collections Schedule
- How to Determine Your Refuse Collection Day
- How to Determine Your Recycling Collection Day
- Where to Recycle Plastic Bags & Plastic Film Packaging
- What to Recycle
- Commercial Recycling
- Clean Up Weekends
- Household Hazardous Waste Collection
- Electronics & Clothing Recycling (Free RETRIEVR curbside service)
- Medical Waste Information
- Christmas Tree Collection
- Propane Tanks
- Report a Public Work Non-Emergency Issue via LM Report-It
- Frequently Asked Questions