The Township of Lower Merion’s TV, Film and Video Production Permit Policy is designed to provide effective coordination of filming and videotaping of television and feature productions that are conducted throughout the year. When reviewing the Policy and filling out the permit application for your production, please note the following:
- The Township will request reimbursement for certain costs for services provided by the Township, e.g., Police, in connection with your production. Contact the Police Staff and Inspections Unit to arrange extra duty detail at (610) 645-6250.
- The application for a Film and Video Permit must be submitted no later than thirty (30) calendar days prior to the first day of the event. The Permit fee is $50. Applications submitted less than thirty (30) calendar days prior to the proposed production must include an additional $25 late fee and may be declined a permit.
- Arrangements for filming or videotaping should not be finalized until such time as you have received a permit. No such production can take place without a permit.
- You will be required to provide commercial liability insurance for the production as determined by the Township’s Insurance Division (see attached requirements). Please contact Mark Santoleri, Insurance Administrator at (610) 645-6202.
- Adjoining property owners/neighbors must be notified at least two weeks in advance of the scope and timetable of your production. The Township’s Public Information Office must be copied on this communication.
- The assigned permit for this production is good for a period of thirty (30) days.
Click here to download the 4-step application.