The Township of Lower Merion’s Special Event Permit Policy is designed to provide effective coordination of events throughout the year. When reviewing the Policy and filling out the permit application for your event, please note the following:
- The Township will request reimbursement for certain costs for services provided by the Township, e.g., Police, in connection with your event. Contact the Police Staff and Inspections Unit to arrange extra duty detail at (610) 645-6250.
- Complete all questions, indicating "N/A" where not applicable. Return application form and all required/supplemental attachments to Lori Jennings, including the $25 application fee (checks made payable to "Treasurer, Township of Lower Merion"). Applications for events must be submitted at least 30 days in advance and 5k’s and Runs at least 6 months in advance. A $25 late fee applies for late submission. You may be denied a permit.
- Arrangements for the event should not be finalized until such time as you have received a permit. No event can take place without a permit. The Township reserves the right to waive permit fees for Non-Profit events.
- You will be required to provide commercial liability insurance for the event as determined by the Township’s Insurance Division (see attached requirements). Please contact Mark Santoleri, Insurance Administrator at (610) 645-6202.
- Adjoining property owners/neighbors must be notified at least two weeks in advance of the scope and timetable of your event. The Township’s Public Information Office must be copied on this communication.
- The assigned permit for this event is good for a period of thirty (30) days.
Click here to download the Special Event permit application.