Township Announces Updates, Schedule for New Zoning Code Adoption
In May 2019, it was announced that the schedule for the adoption of the Zoning Code was being extended with the public hearing and adoption being moved to Wednesday, September 18th. At that time, it was noted that additional meetings would be scheduled in July if needed.
It has now been determined that additional discussion of the Zoning Code is necessary, and the updated meeting schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, July 10th, 6:30 p.m. (Building & Planning Committee) A review of Articles I (introduction), II (definitions), IX (signs) and X (supplemental use regulations & nonconformities) and portions of Article VI relating to City Avenue.
- Wednesday, July 17th, 6:30 p.m. (Building & Planning Committee) Discussion of outstanding issues and proposed amendments.
- Monday, July 22nd, 6:00 p.m. (Planning Commission) Consideration of and recommendation on draft Zoning Code as a whole.
- Wednesday, July 31st, 6:00 p.m. (Building & Planning Committee & Special Board of Commissioners meeting) Authorization to advertise a public hearing and notice of intent to adopt the draft Zoning Code.
- Wednesday, September 18th, 7:30 p.m. (Board of Commissioners meeting) Public hearing and adoption of new Zoning Code.