The Zoning Hearing Board Meeting dates for the upcoming year. All meetings are on Thursday evenings at 7:15 PM at the Township Administration Building at 75 E Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, unless otherwise noted.
Zoning Hearing Board
- Date: 06/30/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
MEETING NOTICE AND HEARING NOTICE
TOWNSHIP OF LOWER MERION
ZONING HEARING BOARD
Notice is hereby given that the Zoning Hearing Board of Lower Merion Township will hold a Meeting of the Board as authorized by Section 111 of Chapter 155 of the Lower Merion Code, as amended, to take official Board action. Notice is hereby given that the Zoning Hearing Board of Lower Merion Township will hold a Hearing of the Board as required by Section 113 A of Chapter 155 of the Lower Merion Code, as amended, and Section 908 of the Pennsylvania Municipalities Planning Code.
The Meeting shall be held at the Township Building, 75 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA, on Thursday, June 30, 2016, at 6:30 PM. The Hearing shall commence immediately following the Meeting and at the same location on the following matters:
Appeal No. 4386
Applicant: The Gladwyne Montessori School
Property: 920, 908, and 900 Youngs Ford Road and
941 Black Rock Road, Gladwyne, PA 19035
(Election District #1) R 1 Residence District
The Gladwyne Montessori School seeks a special exception under §155-11X for the following:
- consolidate the properties and a portion of 900 Youngs Ford Road for school use,
- relocate and install new outdoor field and play areas and parking areas,
- approval for recently added 7th and 8th grade students,
- use of the Kindergym as the largest place of public assembly, and
- increase the number of faculty, staff, and volunteers to a total of 80. The school contends it holds 24 special events per year and conducts the following programs:
- Parent-Toddler - twice a day, twice a week, 9 parents with 1 child each,
- Summer Camps - 7 weeks, 105 participants, and
- Teacher Education Program - 6 weeks during the summer and 1 weekend spring and fall, 12 participants, and seeks approval for the special events and programs, if and to the extent any are determined to constitute an expanded use which a special exception under §155-11X may be required.
The school also requests a waiver under §155-95AA(4) of 50% of the additional parking spaces required by the proposed expansion, and to the extent necessary, any other approval, special exception or variance relief required to allow the proposed consolidation, use, and expansion.
Anyone interested in reviewing the applications and plans may review this information in the Building Regulations Division at the Township Building, between 8:15 AM and 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. Anyone requiring special accommodations for the Meeting or the Hearing should contact this office at least three days prior to the hearing at (610) 645-6172.
By Order of the Zoning Hearing Board.
Michael R. Wylie, Secretary