The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Building & Planning Committee
All Times Are Approximate
- Date: 05/13/2020 6:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
|Co-Chairs:||Commissioners Joshua L. Grimes & Todd M. Sinai|
|Vice-Chair:||Commissioner Sean P. Whalen|
The meeting agenda is available to view on our agenda software system, hosted by NovusAGENDA. Click or copy and paste the following link on your browser to view the agenda. To view exhibits of the agenda item, click on the heading of the agenda line item.
This meeting will be conducted utilizing the Zoom online platform. Public participation via email to email@example.com, by postal mail addressed to Board of Commissioners, 75 E. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA 19003, or by phone to 610-645-6145 is encouraged and comments will be accepted until 3:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 13, 2020. Individuals wishing to provide comments via Zoom during these meetings should contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at (610) 645-6145 or firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, May 13, 2020. The proceedings can be viewed live on LMTV, the Township’s government access channel, available on Comcast Cable Channel 7 and Verizon FiOS Channel 37 as well as online at https://lmtv.viebit.com/.
Download the PDF version of the Agenda below.