The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 06/01/2020 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
- Location: Virtual Meeting via ZOOM
Documents associated with agenda items can be found at the below link. This link will expire 30 days after the meeting date:
Individuals wishing to provide comments via Zoom during this meeting should contact Holly Colello, Planning Technician, at (610) 645-6271 or firstname.lastname@example.org before 12:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
The public may also participate by providing comment on agenda items in the following ways:
- By postal mail addressed to Planning Commission, 75 E. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA 19003
- By phone to 610-645-6271 and leave a message with all pertinent contact information.
Comments will be accepted until 12:00 p.m. the day of the meeting.
If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Holly Colello, Planning Technician at (610) 645-6271 or email@example.com to determine how the Township can accommodate your needs.