Disposal of Needles:
Needles must be put into a sealed container, before it can be thrown into the trash. The accepted containers are the red medical or 2-liter soda containers.
If you have other questions on medical waste disposal, please contact the refuse division at 610-667-1952 for more information.
Prescription Drug Disposal:
The Office of National Drug Control recommends disposing of expired or no longer needed prescription drugs as follows.
- Take your prescription drugs out of their original containers.
- Mix drugs with an undesirable substance, such as cat litter or used coffee grounds.
- Put the mixture into a disposable container with a lid, such as an empty margarine tub, or into a sealable bag.
- Conceal or remove any personal information, including Rx number, on the empty containers by covering it with black permanent marker or duct tape, or by scratching it off.
- Place the sealed container with the mixture, and the empty drug containers, in the trash.
Additionally, there is a green MedReturn collection unit for unwanted prescription drugs located at the lobby of Lower Merion Police Department building: 71 E Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003.
|These items are accepted in the collection unit:||These items are NOT accepted:|
- Lower Merion Township Refuse Division: 610-667-1952
- Montgomery Prescription Drug Disposal Program
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection