2018 OFF-LEASH DOG PERMITS ARE NOW ON SALE!!!
The Unfenced Off-Leash area is restricted to signed, designated trails and is permitted from Sunrise until 9:30 AM and 3:30 until 6:00 PM seven days a week. Dogs must be kept on-leash (8' max Length) everywhere else in the park, except the fenced dog area.
Rolling Hill Park Fenced Area:
The Fenced Off-leash dog area is open from Sunrise until Sunset seven days a week.
West Mill Creek Park:
Off-Leash areas: Dogs are permitted from Sunrise until Sunset seven days a week. Dogs must be kept on leash in the parking area and entrance trail until inside the park.
OFF-LEASH PERMIT APPLICATION PACKET INCLUDES:
- Off-Leash Dog Areas Program description, including the goal, description, rules and evaluation tools for the program.
- Off-Leash Dog Permit Application
- Off-Leash Dog Video
- Off-Leash Dog Video Questionnaire (not necessary for renewals)
Lower Merion Resident Fee is $25 per dog
Non Resident/Borough of Narberth Fee is $30 per dog
One time $5.00 Discount for dogs that provide proof of completing an approved training program. (does not carryover from year to year)
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW BEFORE YOU PURCHASE YOUR PERMIT:
- Owners must view the Dog Parks - Rules for Permits video and complete the Off Leash Dog Video questionnaire. (not necessary for renewals)
- Owners must attest that they have and will keep current Homeowner’s or Renter’s Insurance as well as current DHLPP (Distemper) and Rabies vaccinations.
- New applicants must provide a current photo of each dog with the application.
- Current year Pennsylvania County Dog License Number is required.
- A valid email address is encouraged as we will use email to distribute information regarding the program and to elicit feedback.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES:All applications must include the following:
- Completed, legible application, signed waiver and acknowledgment of vaccinations. (Print carefully - if your handwriting is illegible, it will delay processing your application.)
- Payment must be made in full - checks are payable to: Treasurer, Lower Merion Township
- Application can be completed in person during regular operating hours in the Department of Parks & Recreation or the Police Department.
(8:15 AM to 4:30 PM Mon - Fri)
- Application may be mailed to:
Township of Lower Merion
Department of Parks & Recreation
75 E Lancaster Ave, Ardmore, PA 19003
Once your application is completed you will receive your permit to identify you and your dog as program participants.
If you have any questions, please call us at (610) 645-6220 or e-mail us at Recreation@lowermerion.org
Email Comments to Donna L. Heller, Director of Parks & Recreation
Application Material, Maps and Additional Information
Dogs Are Permitted On Leash in the Following Parks:
(All Dogs must be leashed and curbed)
General Wayne Park (Wooded area and elevated Hill ONLY)
Penn Wynne Park (Wooded area ONLY)
Shortridge Memorial Park (Signed designated area ONLY)