Regulations Governing Municipal Lot Parking Permits
- Anyone is eligible to purchase a Municipal Lot permit.
- All Municipal Lot parking permits are purchased through the Lower Merion Township Parking Services.
- A permit purchased for the Parking Districts of Ardmore, Bryn Mawr, or Merion/Bala Cynwyd is valid for any designated permit lot in that District only.
- The permit must be displayed by hanging it from the rearview mirror so that it is visible through the windshield of the vehicle. Failure to properly display the permit is not a valid defense to a ticket.
- Each permit will be valid for a period of six months, commencing on an initial date established by the Parking Services Department.
- Each permit will cost $210.00 for the six month period.
- Each permit holder may register up to two vehicles on a permit. The permit shall be displayed on only one vehicle in a permit lot at a time. Sharing a permit between two or more licensed drivers of two or more differently registered vehicles is allowed under certain scenarios (e.g. part-time employees).
- Replacement fees for lost or stolen permits will be pro-rated at $35.00 per month to the first day of the month in which the replacement is issued.
- A limit of four permits may be purchased by each party during the first week of each sale. Permits may not be transferred to another party without approval of the Parking Services Department. There is a fee of $5.00 for each transfer. No permit will be transferred without surrender of the existing permit. Private resale or trading of permits is prohibited and will result in forfeiture of the permits involved. If a permit is returned prior to its expiration, a refund will not be issued.
- In “Permit Only” lots, the permits will be enforced Monday through Friday, from 8 AM to 6 PM. In mixed usage lots (those with permit spaces and meters), the permits will be enforced Monday through Saturday, from 8 AM to 6 PM.
- Displaying a stolen or fraudulent permit is subject to a $600.00 fine and possible towing of the vehicle.
- Permits may not be purchased for commercial use, such as to park cars for sale.
- Permits will not be issued for any vehicle with unpaid traf-o-teria tickets, citations, or other motor vehicle violations.
- It is the permit holder’s responsibility to renew their permits. No reminder notices will be mailed.
- Permits are picked up in person at the Parking Services Department, 71 E Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore (preferred) but are also available by mail.
Applications for permits are available one month prior to the start date of each permit. Citizens who would like more information about parking permits should call the Parking Services Department at 610-645-6230. Permits can be purchased at the Parking Services Department office, which is located in the lobby of the Public Safety Building at 71 E Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore. Office hours are Monday - Friday from 8:15 AM - 4:30 PM.
Parking Permits for the Ardmore, Bala, and Bryn Mawr municipal lots are structured as six month permits. The six month periods are:
Ardmore - six month period from November to April
Ardmore - six month period from May to October
Bala Cynwyd - six month period from January to June
Bala Cynwyd - six month period from July to December
Bryn Mawr - six month period from December to May
Bryn Mawr - six month period from June to November - SOLD OUT
Permits will generally be available for sale about a month before the start of the six month period.
Permits purchased after the start date of the permit period are prorated.