The Fire Services Study was performed in 2007 by Carroll Buracker & Associates, Inc. , Public Safety Management Consultants. Carroll Buracker & Associates completed their study and presented it to the the Fire Committee on Wednesday, November 7th, 2007.
This Study was developed through a process involving interviews, data collection, research, literature, on-site observation, meetings and other accepted methods of evaluation. The comprehensive study report is structured into eleven chapters and each chapter relates to a specific study area. It is a document that can be used as a strategic planning tool for future improvements in the Township's fire service.
As Chief Fire Officer, I look forward to working with our fire service personnel to review these recommendations in order to ensure that the Lower Merion fire service will continue to improve and meet the highest standards.
Charles J. McGarvey Sr.
Chief Fire Officer
All links are pdfs.
- Table of Contents
- Fire Study - Executive Summary
- Chapter 1 - Introduction
- Chapter 2 - Fire Services Organization
- Chapter 3 - Staffing & Personnel Utilization
- Chapter 4 - Fire & Rescue Stations
- Chapter 5 - Fire Apparatus Desruiptions
- Chapter 6 - Fire Services Training
- Chapter 7 - Fire & Rescue Operations
- Chapter 8 - Safety & Health
- Chapter 9 - Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
- Chapter 10 - Fire Prevention
- Chapter 11 - Implementaion Plan