In an effort to raise environmental awareness throughout Lower Merion Township and Narberth Borough, and in order to highlight environmental achievements, the Township’s Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) will sponsor the 6th annual “Go for the Green” awards. The awards recognize residents, businesses, organizations and schools located in the Township or who conduct business in the Township. The EAC is accepting nominations, with awards to be presented at a ceremony to be held on May 21, 2013. The deadline to submit a nomination is now Friday, March 8, 2013.
Eligible candidates will have taken actions that result in the improvement or protection of the environment. Examples include conservation, recycling, stormwater management, pest management, alternative energy source usage, green building technology, education and other initiatives that display sensitivity to the environment.
Nominations for the 2013 awards are now being accepted in the following categories:
· Joseph M. Manko Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to an individual or group that makes a long-term significant impact on environmental issues such as improvement, protection, and awareness of the environment. This award was named for former Lower Merion Township Board President and Ward 9 Commissioner Joseph M. Manko, Esq., whose environmental endeavors as both an attorney and a community leader have impacted the quality of life in Lower Merion now and for future generations.
· Residential: Any individual living in the Township or Narberth Borough
· Commercial: Businesses located in or providing services in the Township or Narberth Borough
· Organization: Nonprofit entities or citizens’ groups in the Township or Narberth Borough
· Educational: Schools, universities and affiliated student or youth organizations in the Township or Narberth Borough
· Commercial Site Greening: A commercial property that has been enhanced through greening efforts such as the installation of trees, shrubs and other plant material, the reduction in impervious paving, or other improvement to the outdoor environment, thereby improving the site ecologically and aesthetically
Nomination forms for 2013 are now available on the Township’s website, www.lowermerion.org (click on “Departments & Services,” then scroll down to “Environmental Advisory Council”) at all Township libraries and at the Township Administration Building, 75 E. Lancaster Avenue in Ardmore. Nominations must be submitted to Andrea Campisi of the Township’s Building and Planning Department by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 8, 2013. Nominations will be reviewed and judged by the EAC based upon merit.
News | Calendar
| Parks & Recreation |
Libraries | FAQs |
Online Surveys | Township Codes |
Commissioners | Jobs
Contact Us | Privacy
Policy | Site Map | Website Developed
by Vision Internet