Construction to Affect Suburban Square Parking, Traffic
Starting Monday, August 13th, 2018, parking and traffic flow in and around Suburban Square in Ardmore will be affected through the Fall for intersection work at Coulter and Anderson avenues, followed by construction of a new two-story building on Coulter Avenue on the site of the SEPTA / Amtrak commuter “dollar” parking lot.
The work at Coulter and Anderson will consist of utility and intersection improvements. The new building by Suburban Square owner Kimco Realty will have new retail stores on the ground level.
The effects of the work, expected to last 10 weeks, mean that:
- The SEPTA / Amtrak commuter parking lot will be permanently moved to the Square’s west parking lot, also known as the Ruby’s lot.
- The west parking lot will be accessible for parking from the Montgomery Avenue entrance.
- Anderson Avenue will temporarily be one-way, northbound, from Lancaster Avenue (and Station Avenue) to Montgomery Avenue.
- There will not be right turn access to Coulter Avenue (from Anderson) during the closure.
- Along eastbound Montgomery Avenue, traffic detour signage will be in place in advance of Woodside Road, and after Anderson Avenue.
- Along westbound Montgomery Avenue, traffic detour signage will be in place in advance of Church Road, and after Anderson Avenue.
- Pedestrian access will remain available through the tunnel under the Ardmore Train Station.
- The SEPTA bus stop will be moved east on Coulter Avenue (from the dollar lot) to near the intersection shared by The Gap and the Trader Joe’s/Ardmore Farmers Market parking lot. (SEPTA will use the Glenn Road “connector road” through Suburban Square to get to Coulter.)