The Human Relations Commission receives, investigates, mediates, and conciliates complaints pursuant to Chapter 93 of the Township Code. The Commission may also conduct public hearings on complaints, issue subpoenas, issue findings, and make awards.
Sharon Eckstein, Esq - Chair
Karen Cherwony, Ed. D. – Vice-Chair
James A. Pollard, Jr. - Secretary
Mark Aronchick, Esq
Harold Goldner, Esq
Ilene Wasserman, PhD
Felice Tilin, PhD
Beth Lilick, Director of Human Resources
- Know Your Rights brochure (11/9/2012)
- Human Relations Commission Ordinance (Ord. 3931)
- Human Relations Commission Rules & Regulations (Ord. 3976)
- Complaint Form
- Answer Form
Human Resource Commission Email Listing:
Subject to later notice of change of time and location, Human Relation Commission meetings will be held starting at 7:15 PM on the following dates:
January 11, 2018
March 8, 2018
May 10, 2018
June 7, 2018
September 13, 2018
November 8, 2018
Veterans' Discount ID Card & Discharge Recording
- Date: 06/05/2017 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave, 2nd Floor Board Room
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
- Introduction: 10 a.m.-1 p.m.
(Note: A time-of-day mistake was made with the initial email notification of this event. It starts at 10 a.m. MONDAY.)
MONTGOMERY COUNTY RECORDER OF DEEDS
VETERANS DISCOUNT PHOTO ID CARD & DISCHARGE RECORDING PROGRAM
RECEIVE DISCOUNTS FOR COUNTY GOODS & SERVICES
Monday, June 5, 2017; 10:00 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Host Partner: State Senator Daylin Leach
Lower Merion Township Building
75 East Lancaster Avenue
Ardmore, PA 19003
Veterans must bring their DD 214 (military discharge papers) and a photo identification (such as a driver’s license) and will receive their Montgomery County Discount Identification Card in minutes on site.
Montgomery County’s Recorder of Deeds program honors the service of County veterans:
1. Free recording of veterans discharge paperwork. This form, also known as the DD214, is a veterans’ most important post-military document. It contains information needed to verify military service in order to receive benefits, retirement, employment, membership in veterans’ organizations, and to receive military funeral honors. Once recorded, this document can be accessed by the veteran, immediate family, an authorized agent, or county and federal Veterans’ Affairs. After seventy-five years the DD214 and any accompanying documents become available online via the public access system on our website (www.montcopa.org/rod). Recording a DD214 will make it easy on a veteran’s family by providing an instant source of information about dates of service, branch, awards and decorations received, and other important details of service.
2. A photo ID card that entitles veterans to discounts for goods and services from over 500 participating county merchants. Veterans will be able to present these cards to businesses throughout the region, which have agreed to provide the discount to veterans in appreciation for their service to our country. Participating merchants receive a certificate and sticker to display. A list of these merchants can be found at www.montcopa.org/rod and will be updated monthly.
Jeanne Sorg, Recorder of Deeds
One Montgomery Plaza, 3rd Floor
P.O. Box 311 Norristown, PA 19404-0311