The purpose of the Planning Commission is to guide and direct land use and development at the municipal level. This is primarily achieved through the following two ways: (1) development and implementation of the municipal comprehensive plan and (2) through the reviews of land development proposals and municipal projects. The Planning Commission is an independent advisory body. It makes recommendations concerning land use and development directly to the municipal governing body, which is then charged with making the final land development decisions. The Pennsylvania MPC is the enabling legislation that grants municipal governing bodies the ability to create a planning commission and planning department.
The Township’s Planning Commission is composed of seven members. The members are resident volunteers and are appointed by the Township Commissioners for a four-year term. The Planning Commission generally meets once a month.
The Township Planning Commission is supported by staff from the Planning Division of the Township’s Building and Planning Department. One of the Department’s three divisions (the other two being Building and Economic Development), the Planning Division responsibilities include the processing of land development and subdivision applications and overseeing the development of subdivision and zoning code amendments, in addition to preparing long-term planning projects.
- Past Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
- Lower Merion Township's Subdivision & Land Development Process
- A comprehensive inventory and detailed analysis of land development between 2003 and 2008 is contained in the Comprehensive Plan’s Issues Report (Planning Commission Section, Page 72).
Conditional Use Hearing
- Date: 09/06/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Fl Board Rm
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2376
|Hearing Officer:||Pamela M. Loughman, Esquire|
- 6 Lancaster Avenue, The Palmer Apartments, Wynnewood, Ward 7, LD# 3768.
The applicant seeks the following conditional uses for the construction of a new building containing 22 apartment units over a level of at grade parking.
• Zoning Code Section 155-95.1 to hold 64 parking spaces in reserve.
• Zoning Code Section 155-152.C to exceed the allowable impervious surface by 960 square feet. This request only applies to the site plan that maintains the existing access to Lancaster Avenue.
• Zoning Code Section 155-144 to develop the property to the R-7 zoning district rather than the Open Space Preservation District (OSPD).
Building & Planning Committee Meeting Board of Commissioners
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Approx. 7:00 p.m.
Board Room, Township Building
Wednesday, September 21, 2016
Board Room, Township Building
Building & Planning Committee Meeting
Board of Commissioners
Anyone interested in reviewing the application and plans may do so in the Planning Division at the Township Building between 8:15 AM and 4:30 PM. Please call the Planning Division at 610-645-6119 with any questions related to this meeting or application. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at (610) 645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs. As a courtesy to all, comments made from the audience during testimony will not be permitted and are not included as part of the public record. Public speakers are encouraged to summarize their comments and limit presentation to three minutes per item. Speakers representing a group are encouraged to limit their presentation to five minutes. The Hearing Officer requests that the audience silence their cell phones at the beginning of the hearing.