The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
POSTPONED: Conditional Use Hearing
- Date: 06/14/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Fl Board Rm
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2376
|Hearing Officer:||Pamela M. Loughman, Esquire|
*** POSTPONED *** HEARING AGENDA
6/14/2016 Conditional Use Hearing has been requested to postponed by the applicant.
A new meeting notice will be send out when a new date is scheduled.
Anyone interested in reviewing the application and plans may do so in the Planning Division at the Township Building between 8:15 AM and 4:30 PM. Please call the Planning Division at 610-645-6119 with any questions related to this meeting or application. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at (610) 645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs. As a courtesy to all, comments made from the audience during testimony will not be permitted and are not included as part of the public record. Public speakers are encouraged to summarize their comments and limit presentation to three minutes per item. Speakers representing a group are encouraged to limit their presentation to five minutes. The Hearing Officer requests that the audience silence their cell phones at the beginning of the hearing.