The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Special Planning Commission Meeting
- Date: 06/21/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Charles Howland & Anthony Vale|
|Members:||Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin, George Ross, and Tim Mathews|
SPECIAL PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING AGENDA
- TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN – 223 N. Highland Avenue and 280 & 284 Melrose Avenue, Kohelet Yeshiva High School, Merion Station, LD# 3767, Ward 12. A proposal to demolish two existing homes at 280 and 284 Melrose Avenue, consolidate the three properties, and construct an 11,549 sq. ft., two-story addition onto the existing multi-purpose building and construct a 1,693 sq. ft., two-story addition on the portion of the existing building across from Melrose Circle.