The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
REVISED: Planning Commission
- Date: 02/09/2016 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Meeting minutes - Posted on 03/30/16, PDF
|Members:||Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin & George Ross|
December 3, 2015 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 225 E. Montgomery Avenue, Ardmore, LD# 3754, Ward 5. A proposal to construct eight townhouses to be accessed by a common driveway that extends from E. Montgomery Avenue.
*** TABLED ***
PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION PLAN– 100 Wynnewood Road, St. Charles Borromeo Seminary, Wynnewood, SD# 3761, Ward 7. A proposal to subdivide the 68.2 acre property into two separate parcels. The plan shows Lot 1 (Upper Campus) to contain 29.6 acres and Lot 2 (Lower Campus) to contain 38.6 acres. No new improvements are proposed.
*** TABLED ***
CONDITIONAL USE & WAIVER OF LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN– 250 Haverford Road, Penn Wynne Elementary School, W-16-001, Ward 14. A proposal to install one temporary modular classroom unit containing four classrooms and a conditional use application to hold the required 10 parking spaces in reserve.
SOUTH ARDMORE HISTORIC DISTRICT ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
HISTORIC RESOURCE INVENTORY ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
HISTORIC OBJECTS ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. To find out if an application has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs. When addressing the Planning Commission, please state your name and address before making comments. As a courtesy to all, comments made from the audience during testimony or Planning Commission deliberation are not permitted and are not included as part of the public record. Public speakers are encouraged to summarize their comments and limit presentation to three minutes per item. Speakers representing a group are encouraged to limit their presentation to five minutes. The Planning Commission requests that the audience silence their cell phones at the beginning of the meeting.