The Environmental Advisory Council has put together these pages to serve two purposes.
First, we hope that Lower Merion Township residents will use this information to learn about and become actively involved in township environmental events and issues.
Second, we hope that these pages provide residents and commercial businesses with information useful in making more informed decisions regarding environmental issues.
Chapter 13 of the Township Code established the Lower Merion Township Environmental Advisory Council (EAC) in 1985 and defines the roles and powers of the EAC. Generally, the EAC provides advice to the Board of Commissioners of Lower Merion Township, Planning Commission and township staff. Specifically, the EAC:
- Recommends plans and programs to the Board of Commissioners to promote and conserve the natural resources of other Township and to protect and improve the quality of the environment within the Township.
- Recommends possible use of open land areas within the Township.
- Promotes community environmental programs.
- Maintains an index of all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including but not limited to flood-prone areas, swamps and other unique natural areas, for the purpose of obtaining information on the proper use of such areas.
- Advises other advisory boards, agencies and officials of the Township as appropriate, in the acquisition of property in matters dealing with environmental issues.
The EAC meets publicly the fourth Tuesday of every month at the Lower Merion Township building. The agenda for each meeting is posted on the website calendar and the public is welcome to attend the meetings.
The EAC is composed of seven volunteer residents of Lower Merion Township. The current membership includes:
- Brian Hoppy — Chair
- Joseph Rudek — Vice Chair
- Bruce A. Bayne — Secretary
- Michael Hays
- Sara Schuh
- Mitchel Burrack
- David Richman
If you have any questions, please e-mail EAC@lowermerion.org
Environmental Action Plan - Revision 1 (2012-2016)
Meeting Minutes of the EACAs of January 2011, Minutes will be available in PDF form on the Reports and Archives page in the Meeting Minutes; Environmental Advisory Council section.
Upcoming EAC Meeting Dates
Subject to later notice of change of time and location, Environmental Advisory Council meetings will be held starting at approximately 7:00 PM on the following dates:
Environmental Advisory Council
Regular Monthly Meeting
- Date: 07/26/2016 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - Caucus Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Approval of minutes from May 24, 2016 and June 28, 2016 meetings
Alison Pottage, Sava Tree – Emerald Ash Borer
2015 Annual Report
Lower Merion TV – EAC Feature Program Series
Old Business (Quick Updates, if any)
- Natural Features Code Amendment – Maintenance Guarantee
- TreeVitalize Program
- Public Service Announcements
Subdivision/Land Development Plans
2016 Calendar of EAC Events
Assignment to Public Meetings:
Thursday, August 4 ---- Land Development Committee, 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, August 18 ---- Land Development Committee, 8:30 a.m.
Thursday, September 1 ---- Land Development Committee, 8:30 a.m.
Monday, September 12 ---- Planning Commission, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 14 ---- Building & Planning Committee, 7:00 p.m.
Wednesday, September 21 ---- Board of Commissioners, 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday, September 27 ---- EAC, 7:00 p.m.
*There is no EAC meeting in August.