The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
REVISED: Planning Commission
- Date: 07/25/2016 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Charles Howland & Anthony Vale|
|Members:||Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin, George Ross & Tim Mathews|
June 6, 2016 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
June 21, 2016 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
July 11, 2016 Planning Commission Meeting Minutes
*** TABLED ***
PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION PLAN– 419 Howard Road, Gladwyne, SD# 3770, Ward 2. A proposal to subdivide the existing lot into two new lots and to construct two new homes with 2,024 and 1,900 square foot footprints.
AMENDMENT PLAN – 130 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue & 846 Old Lancaster Road, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Bryn Mawr, LD# 3742A, Ward 10. A proposal to increase the height of the recently approved medical building (Pavilion Building) from 5 to 7 stories.
*** TABLED ***
PRELIMINARY OPEN SPACE SUBDIVISION PLAN– 6 Old Gulph Road, Gladwyne, SD# 3757, Ward 5. A proposal to subdivide the 5.4-acre lot into two lots. New single family detached homes are proposed on Lots 1 & 2 and a 3.4-acre preservation area is also proposed.
*** TABLED ***
PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN– 47 - 65 Cricket Avenue, Ardmore, SD# 3760, Ward 4. A proposal to demolish all existing structures on the properties and construct a five story mixed-use building with a 27,791 square foot footprint, containing 10,738 square feet of retail space and 77 apartments. The proposal shows one level of underground parking and one level of at-grade parking located behind the proposed retail space, both of which will be accessed from Trolley Way.
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. To find out if an application has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs. When addressing the Planning Commission, please state your name and address before making comments. As a courtesy to all, comments made from the audience during testimony or Planning Commission deliberation are not permitted and are not included as part of the public record. Public speakers are encouraged to summarize their comments and limit presentation to three minutes per item. Speakers representing a group are encouraged to limit their presentation to five minutes. The Planning Commission requests that the audience silence their cell phones at the beginning of the meeting.