The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Conditional Use Hearing
- Date: 08/10/2015 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Fl Board Rm
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2376
|Hearing Officer:||Pamela M. Loughman, Esquire|
- 150 Monument Road, Bala Cynwyd, 3724C
- To not comply with the architectural design standards set forth in the
City Avenue Zoning District, pursuant to Zoning Code Section
155-217.F.5.d, for the proposed parking garage as follows:
- To not provide vertical articulation on the parking garage façade, including changes in building plane and materials and for the depth of such articulation to be less than a minimum of one foot six inches and to occur less frequently than the maximum sixty foot interval as required by Zoning Code Section 155-217.F.c.1.
- To not provide horizontal architectural features of the parking garage façade with a change in building material to occur at a maximum interval of twenty feet as required by Zoning Code Section 155-217.F.c.2.
- For the facade treatment of walls of the parking garage facing a residential use or residential zoning district to not be similar to the primary front facade with active uses as required by Zoning Code Section 155-217.F.c.4.
- To not minimize the visual impact of the sloping floors from any public accessway through design treatment of the parking garage’s facade as required by Zoning Code Section 155-217.F.c.6.
The applicant also seeks any other relief or approvals necessary to allow the proposed improvements for the development.
Please call the Planning Division at 610-645-6112 if you have any questions related to this agenda. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at (610) 645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.