The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Building & Planning Committee (Special)
- Date: 06/17/2015 6:56 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairpersons||Commissioners Elizabeth S. Rogan & Philip S. Rosenzweig|
|Vice-Chairpersons||Commissioners George T. Manos & Daniel S. Bernheim|
- MUNICIPAL USE ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
- Consider for recommendation to the Board authorizing the Township Secretary to advertise a public hearing and notice of intent to adopt an ordinance amendment on July 29, 2015 to amend the Code of the Township of Lower Merion, Chapter 155, Zoning, to add definitions for the words “Governmental Purpose” and “Municipal Use” and to permit Municipal Uses in the ASDD – Ardmore Special Development District, MUST – Mixed-Use Special Transportation District, BMV – Bryn Mawr Village District and the City Avenue Districts. (Exhibit A)
- PUBLIC COMMENT
- NATURAL FEATURES CODE WAIVER
- Consider for recommendation to the Board a request for a waiver from Natural Features Code Sections 101-5.C.2.a and 101-5.C.2.b, to disturb man-made steep slopes greater than 15% at 9 Presidential Boulevard, Bala Cynwyd. (Exhibit B)
- PUBLIC COMMENT