The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Conditional Use Hearing
533 E Lancaster Ave & 1024 Cedargrove Rd
- Date: 03/24/2015 6:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Fl Board Rm
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2376
|Hearing Officer:||Pamela M. Loughman, Esquire|
533 E Lancaster Avenue and 1024 Cedargrove Road,
Wynnewood, CU# 3743
- To reduce the 30 foot front yard setback along Cedargrove Road to 15 feet (+/-) for the construction of a two-car garage attached to the building on proposed Lot 1 per Code Section 155-152;
- To reduce the side, rear and/or accessory building setbacks (whichever are applicable) from the applicable required widths to 3 feet (+/-) for the construction of two, two-car detached garages on proposed Lot 1 per Code Section 155-152;
- To create Lot 4 as a “narrow lot” per Code Section 155-128;
- To reduce the minimum yard along Cedargrove Road for Lot 4 to 0 feet but not closer to Cedargrove Road than the point at which Lot 4 attains the minimum lot width per Code Section 155-152;
- To allow impervious surfaces on proposed Lots 2-4 to be increased over the otherwise applicable limitations per Code Section 155-152; and
- To the extent required, a Conditional Use under Code 155-152 to reduce any rear yard requirements applicable to proposed Lots 1-4.
The properties are zoned R4/HROD and are owned by Joseph and Rita Lane. Rayer Builders, LLC and the William Penn Inn Partners, LLC are co-applicants.
Anyone interested in reviewing the application and plans may do so in the Planning Division at the Township Building between 8:15 AM and 4:30 PM. Please call the Planning Division if you have any questions related to this agenda at 610-645-6119. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.