The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 09/08/2015 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Meeting minutes - Posted 11/11/2015
|Co-Chairs:||Charles Howland & Brian O’Leary|
|Members:||Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin and George Ross|
- MEETING MINUTES
- July 27, 2015
- AMENDMENT PLAN - 511 Montgomery Avenue, Merion Mercy Academy, Merion Station, LD# 3692AA, Ward 13
- A proposal to amend a previously approved Land Development Plan to construct an addition with an 11,288 square foot footprint. The plan proposes relocating reserve parking spaces and installing parking spaces that are being displaced by the proposed addition.
- PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN - 101 N. Merion Avenue, Bryn Mawr College, Bryn Mawr, LD# 3755, Ward 10
- A proposal to construct a 7,300 square foot two-story addition to the Park Science Center. The plan also proposes the construction of an addition to house an elevator to provide ADA accessibility and changes to the walkway system providing access to the building and immediately adjoining areas of the campus.
- (TABLED) TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN - 225 E. Montgomery Avenue, Ardmore, LD# 3754, Ward 5
- A proposal to construct ten townhouses to be accessed by a common driveway that extends from E. Montgomery Avenue.
- TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN - 259 City Avenue, Wendy’s, Merion, LD# 3744, Ward 9
- A proposal to demolish the existing building and construct a new Wendy’s restaurant.
- TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN - 146-156 Cricket Avenue & 15 W. Spring Avenue, Ardmore, LD# 3745, Ward 4
- A proposal to demolish six single family detached dwellings located at 146-156 Cricket Avenue and 15 W. Spring Avenue, consolidate the six lots, and construct nine townhouses and twelve single family semi-detached dwellings.
- OLD BUSINESS
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. If you are uncertain about whether or not a plan has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.