The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 07/27/2015 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Meeting minutes - Posted 11/11/2015
|Co-Chairs:||Brian O’Leary & Charles Howland|
|Members:||Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin & George Ross|
- MEETING MINUTES
- July 6, 2015
- July 14, 2015
- WAIVER OF LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 362 Righters Mill Road, Gladwyne Free Library, Gladwyne, LD# W-15-004, Ward 1.
- A proposal to construct a two story addition to house an exterior elevator.
- CONDITIONAL USE PLAN – 933 Black Rock Road, Gladwyne, CU# 3753, Ward 1.
- A proposal to create an accessory apartment in the existing carriage house.
- SECOND STAGE PLAN – 11 Madison Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, SD# 3731, Ward 3.
- A proposal to construct a new single family detached dwelling with a driveway to Madison Avenue.
- PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 130 S. Bryn Mawr Avenue & 846 Old Lancaster Road, Bryn Mawr Hospital, Bryn Mawr, LD# 3742, Ward 10.
- A proposal to construct a five story building along Lindsay Avenue, renovate the Warden Lobby and modify the drop-off area along Old Lancaster Road.
- PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 150 Monument Road, Bala Cynwyd, LD# 3724, Ward 9.
- A proposal to construct a five story residential building with 206 units above podium parking and a four story structured parking garage containing 291 parking spaces and 3,980 square feet of commercial area.
- OLD BUSINESS
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. If you are uncertain about whether or not a plan has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.