The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 07/06/2015 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Meeting minutes - Posted 11/11/2015
|Members:||Brian O'Leary, Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin, & George Ross|
- MEETING MINUTES
- June 1, 2015
- TENTATIVE SKETCH OPEN SPACE SUBDIVISION PLAN – 1010 Spring Mill Road, Villanova, SD# 3751, Ward 6.
- A proposal to subdivide the 12 acre lot into six lots. New single family detached homes are proposed on Lots 1-4. The existing coachmen’s house will remain on Lot 4. The existing single family dwelling will remain on Lot 5. The existing carriage house and garage will remain on Lot 6. A 7.7 acre preservation area is also proposed.
- TENTATIVE SKETCH OPEN SPACE SUBDIVISION PLAN – 1401 Morris Avenue, Villanova, SD# 3752, Ward 6.
- A proposal to subdivide the 6.6 acre lot into two lots. The existing single family dwelling will remain on Lot 1 and a new home is proposed on Lot 2. A 2.9 acre preservation area is also proposed.
- TENTATIVE SKETCH LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN – 100 Coulter Avenue, Suburban Square, Ardmore, LD# 3747, Ward 5.
- A proposal to construct a new four level, 571 space parking garage at 75 St. James Place with approximately 3,000 square feet of retail space at grade along Coulter Avenue. The plan also shows the construction of a new two story, 40,000 square foot building at 100 Coulter Avenue with retail on the first floor and office space on the second floor and a 3,445 square foot one story addition to the rear of Trader Joe’s. Demolition of an existing storage building (a former a freight shed), a Class II historic resource, is also proposed.
- PRELIMINARY SUBDIVISION PLAN – 47 Cricket Avenue, Gillane’s Tavern, Ardmore, SD# 3750, Ward 4.
- A proposal to subdivide 47 Cricket Avenue into two lots. The existing tavern will remain Lot 1.
- MUNICIPAL USE ORDINANCE AMENDMENT
- An ordinance to amend the Zoning Code, Chapter 155, to add definitions for the words “Governmental Purpose” and “Municipal Use” and to permit Municipal Uses in the ASDD – Ardmore Special Development, MUST – Mixed-Use Special Transportation, BMV – Bryn Mawr Village and City Avenue Districts.
- OLD BUSINESS
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. If you are uncertain about whether or not a plan has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.