The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Building & Planning Committee
All Times Are Approximate
- Date: 01/14/2015 6:45 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Commissioners Elizabeth S. Rogan & Philip S. Rosenzweig|
|Vice-Chairs:||Commissioners George T. Manos & Daniel S. Bernheim|
TEMPORARY PARKING PLANS DURING CONSTRUCTION OF THE CRICKET LOT
Presentation of Development Examples in West Chester Borough
Presentation of Ardmore Temporary Parking Plan
WAIVER OF LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN
100 Lancaster Avenue, Wynnewood, Lankenau Hospital, Ward 7, W-14-002.
Expiration Date – N/A ...................................... Zoning – MC
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Waiver of Land Development Plan prepared by Chester Valley Engineers dated October 9, 2014, last revised December 17, 2014 and Landscape Plans prepared by Glackin Thomas Panzak, Inc. dated October 9, 2014 and last revised December 17, 2014 showing the construction of a wellness garden in the southeastern corner of the Lankenau Hospital campus. The following conditions shall be complied with prior to the issuance of any permits, unless specifically exempted.
THE PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION WILL BE PROVIDED ON THE FINAL AGENDA
ESTATE PRESERVATION LOT ORDINANCE
APPOINTMENT TO THE ZONING HEARING BOARD
UPCOMING ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER TERM EXPIRATIONS
Consider for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners the Ardmore Temporary Parking Plans including the addition of metered on-street parking spaces and reorganization of Township permit parking lots during construction of the Cricket Lot.
Consider for recommendation to the Board approval of the release of funds held in escrow as Improvement Guarantees in accordance with Section 135-5 of the Township Code for the following (Exhibit B):
131-151 Rock Hill Road
Escrow Release no. 2 -- $1,135,492.00
35 Old Lancaster Road
Escrow Release no. 4 -- $6,323.00
Staff will present for discussion potential amendments for the Committee’s consideration.
Consider for recommendation to the Board appointing alternate member Michael Taichman-Robins to the Zoning Hearing Board as a regular member for a three year term to expire January 2018.
- Philip Ivory, HARB, March 2015. This concludes his first term.
- Anthony Vale, Planning Commission, February 2015. This concludes his second term.