The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Building & Planning Committee
All Times Are Approximate
- Date: 09/10/2014 6:45 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Commissioners Elizabeth S. Rogan & Philip S. Rosenzweig|
|Vice-Chairs:||Commissioners George T. Manos & Daniel S. Bernheim|
PETITION TO VACATE A PORTION OF HAWS TERRACE
CONDITIONAL USE DECISION
716 Black Rock Road, Gladwyne, Ward 10, 3723C.
Expiration Date –9/30/2014 ............................... Zoning – R A/HROD
CONDITIONAL USE DECISION
104 Birch Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, Ward 9, 3722C.
Expiration Date –9/30/2014 ................................. Zoning – R 4/HROD
CERTIFICATES OF APPROPRIATENESS
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness to remove the flat panel wall sign and install a set of internally illuminated channel letters and logo at 33-35 Rittenhouse Place, Ardmore, Golden Bowl, Ardmore Historic District.
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness to recover existing awning frames and remove existing back lighting at 6 W. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Swain Destinations, Ardmore Historic District
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness to complete the following improvements at 29 W. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Salon True, Ardmore Historic District:
Consider for recommendation to the Board authorizing the Township Solicitor to file a petition with the Court of Common Pleas to vacate that portion of Haws Terrace over which the Cricket Avenue public parking lot has been constructed.
Consider for recommendation to the Board approval of the release of funds held in escrow as Improvement Guarantees in accordance with Section 135-5 of the Township Code for the following (Exhibit B):
24 Buck Lane
Escrow no. 1 -- $89,417.00
Applicants – Judith Goldstein & Melvin Miller
Property Owners – Judith Goldstein & Melvin Miller
Applicant’s Representative – Denise Yarnoff, Esquire, Riley Riper Hollin and Colagreco
Consider for recommendation to the Board a recommendation from the Hearing Officer for a conditional use under Zoning Code Section 155-152, to reduce the required 50 foot front yard setback to 42.5 feet for an addition to the existing home.
Applicants – Marc and Mona Yudkoff
Property Owners – Marc and Mona Yudkoff
Applicant’s Representative – Jamie Jun, Esquire, Fromhold Jaffe and Adams
Consider for recommendation to the Board a recommendation from the Hearing Officer for a conditional use under Zoning Code Section 155-151.C.2 to allow the applicant to continue to use the carriage house, a Class II historic resource, as an accessory apartment.
On Wednesday, September 4, 2014 HARB recommended approval as submitted.
On Wednesday, September 4, 2014 HARB recommended approval as submitted subject to compliance with the Zoning Code.
- Raise the height of the front one-story parapet and piers and install new matching wrought iron railings.
- Install a wrought iron railing assembly along the alley side one-story building roof.
- Install a roof deck on the one-story portion of the building.
- Convert a rear 2nd floor window opening into an egress door to the deck.
- Replace lintels and headers with precast assemblies to match existing.
- Relocate the existing roof top HVAC unit.
On Wednesday, September 4, 2014 HARB recommended approval as submitted subject to subcommittee approval for the design of the screen for the roof top HVAC unit.
Consider for recommendation to the Board authorizing the Township Secretary to advertise a notice of intent to hold a public hearing and adopt an ordinance amendment on October 15, 2014 to amend the Code of the Township of Lower Merion, Chapter 155, entitled Zoning, Section 155-134, Projections in Front Yards, by permitting windows and one-story, open, roofed porches to project into the required front yard setback in the R-4, R-5, R-6, R6A and R-7 Zoning districts; and by amending Section 155-135, Projections and Accessory Buildings in Side Yards, to permit one-story, open porches to project in the required side yard in R-6A and R-7 Zoning districts, subject to compliance with specific standards.
Consider for recommendation to the Board authorizing the Township Secretary to advertise a notice of intent to hold a public hearing and adopt an ordinance amendment on October 15, 2014 to amend the Code of the Township of Lower Merion, Chapter 155, entitled Zoning to rescind Article XIV, CO Commercial Districts; and to amend §155-5 by removing the CO Commercial Districts from the list of district classifications; and to remove references to the CO Commercial Districts throughout Chapter 155.
Consider for recommendation to the Board authorizing the Township Secretary to advertise a notice of intent to hold a public hearing and adopt an ordinance amendment on October 15, 2014 to amend the Code of the Township of Lower Merion, Chapter 155, entitled Zoning, Section 155-6, Zoning Maps, to rezone approximately 27 properties in the Bala-Cynwyd section of the Township, Zoning Map No. 2.