The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Land Use Element Committee
A Comprehensive Plan Committee
- Date: 06/10/2014 6:00 PM
- Location: TOWNSHIP ADMINISTRATION BUILDING, 2d floor Board Room (Change)
75 E Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
|Co-Chairs:||Robert Gray & Alan Ritterband|
AGENDA (Note location change)
Planning History Overview of Ardmore – Staff will provide an overview of the history of Ardmore and planning initiatives undertaken in recent years.
- Issues and Recommendations: Ardmore (time permitting) – Briefly discuss the online survey results that were used in conjunction with background information and data to formulate the preliminary recommendations for the Ardmore commercial area.
Relationship of recommendations to other elements
Next Steps – The recommendations prepared by the Historic Preservation subcommittee for the Historic Preservation Chapter of the Land Use Element will be discussed at the next meeting on Tuesday, June 24th at 6:00 PM. The meeting will be held in the 2nd Floor Board Room of the Township Administration Building, 75 E. Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA.
Exhibit D: Relationship of recommendations to other elements (provided at the meeting)