The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Uniform Construction Code Appeals Board
Public Hearing Notice
- Date: 04/08/2014 3:30 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - Caucus Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Notice is hereby given that the UCC Appeals Board of Lower Merion Township will hold a public meeting on Tuesday, April 8, 2014 at 3:30 PM in Caucus Room (Rm 235), second floor of the Township Administration Building, 75 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, PA, at which time there will be a hearing on the following matter:
UCC APPEAL NO. 9
Applicant: Hart Contractors
Property: 119 St Pauls Rd, Ardmore, PA
(Election District 8)
The applicant is appealing a Township violation notice dated November 26, 2013 as it relates to the installation of a whole house stucco system.
Anyone interested in reviewing the application may do so in the Building Regulations Department at the Lower Merion Township Administration Building.
Anyone requiring special accommodations to participate in this meeting should contact the Building Regulations Department at 610-645-6200 at least three days prior to the hearing.
Arthur J. Noel, Assistant Director
Building and Planning Department