The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 07/07/2014 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Alan Ritterband & Charles Howland|
|Members:||Brian O’Leary, Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier, Catherine Cantlin|
MEETING MINUTES – June 2, 2014
104 Birch Avenue, Bala Cynwyd,
LD# 3722C, Ward 9
A proposal to continue using the existing carriage house as an accessory apartment pursuant to Zoning Code Section 155-151.C.2. *
PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN
311 E Lancaster Avenue, Audi of Wynnewood, Wynnewood,
LD# 3712, Ward 5
A proposal to demolish the former Main Line Times building and construct a new building with a 15,796 square foot footprint to be used for an automobile sales agency and service center.
*** TABLED ***
TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN
150 Monument Road, Bala Cynwyd,
LD# 3724, Ward 9
A proposal to construct a five story residential building with 207 units and a four story structured parking garage containing 272 parking spaces and 3,980 square feet of commercial area.
DISCUSSION – Discuss amendments to the Bryn Mawr Village District to alter the buffer and signage requirements.
ORDINANCE AMENDMENT – Consider an ordinance amendment to permit front porches on residential buildings to project into the required front yard setback of all zoning districts.
716 Black Rock Road, Gladwyne,
LD# 3723C, Ward 10
A proposal to reduce the required 50’ foot front yard setback to 42.5’ feet pursuant to Zoning Code Section 155-152. **
AVAILABILITY FOR LAND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Thursday, July 3, 2014 and Thursday, July 17, 2014, 8:30 AM
* The conditional use hearing for this item will be held on July 14, 2014 at 6:30 PM in front of the Township’s Hearing Officer.
** The conditional use hearing for this item will be held on July 24, 2014 at 6:30 PM in front of the Township’s Hearing Officer.
NOTE: Applications acted upon at the Planning Commission will be discussed at the following meetings:
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. If you are uncertain about whether or not a plan has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.