The Township's Building & Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. To promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. To partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community. To balance the evolving needs of the community in a comprehensive manner which culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
- Date: 06/02/2014 7:00 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
Minutes of the 6/2/2014 Meeting - Posted 7/9/2014 (PDF format - 106 KB)
|Co-Chairs:||Alan Ritterband & Charles Howland|
|Members:||Brian O’Leary, Anthony Vale, Harriet Ruffin, Richard Pasquier & Catherine Cantlin|
MEETING MINUTES – May 5, 2014
6:30-7:00 PM - DISCUSSION - Suburban Square, Ardmore, Ward 5.
A representative from Kimco, the property owner, will be present to discuss plans to construct a parking structure and additional retail space.
CONDITIONAL USE &
PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN
310-324 Righters Mill Road,
Oddfellows Hall & Lower Merion Methodist Episcopal Church,
Gladwyne, LD# 3700, Ward 1.
TENTATIVE SKETCH PLAN
907, 921 & 931 W Lancaster Avenue and
24 N Merion Avenue,
Bryn Mawr, LD# 3721, Ward 10.
AVAILABILITY FOR LAND DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETINGS
Consider an ordinance amendment to add 716 Black Rock Road, Gladwyne to the Historic Resource Inventory as a Class 2 resource.
A revision to the previous plan showing an expansion of the cemetery behind the church on Lot 5 and the relocation of the four parking spaces dedicated to the units in the church. A small enlargement of the cemetery behind Lots 1, 2 & 3 is also shown. The proposal also includes a revised conditional use request to increase the impervious surface by approximately 29% on Lot 5.
A proposal to demolish 3 existing buildings and 2 garages totaling 10,164 square feet, construct a two-story mixed use building with a 17,123 square foot footprint and construct a 4,637 square foot, one-story addition to an existing commercial building. The proposed mixed use building will contain a mix of retail and office uses and the existing building will be renovated for retail use. The plan also includes the construction of 176 parking spaces to accommodate the proposed retail and office uses. *
- Thursday, June 5, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Thursday, June 19, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Thursday, July 3, 2014, 8:30 AM
* This application will be discussed at the June 4, 2014 Special Building & Planning Committee meeting and not the June 11, 2014 Building & Planning Committee Meeting.
Building & Planning Committee
Board of Commissioners
Issues memos and conditions of approval for agenda items can be obtained by e-mailing Senior Planner, Andrea Campisi; Planning Technician, Carissa Koll-Hazelton or Planning Technician, Jillian Puleo Dierks.
If an application is TABLED, it is not forwarded to the Building and Planning Committee. If you are uncertain about whether or not a plan has been tabled, call the Planning Division at 610-645-6140. If you have a disability and require auxiliary aid, service or other accommodations to participate in the proceedings, please contact Jody Kelley, Township Secretary at 610-645-6145 to discuss how the Township can accommodate your needs.