The Township's Planning Department provides a high level of service and maintains absolute integrity and honesty assuring customers of the Department's commitment to safety, sound planning, promotion of economic development opportunities and the quality of life issues. Promote and protect the public health, safety and welfare throughout the coordinated and practical development of the Township as outlined in the Zoning Code. partner with Township residents and the development and commercial business community to encourage development that protects the aestetic character of the community and balances the changing needs in a comprehensive manner that culminates in the safe and timely completion of construction and development projects.
(include but are not limited to)
- Implementing comprehensive building & planning goals and land use policies by preparing recommendations for amendments to Township Codes.
- Developing and overseeing long range comprensive planning efforts. Evaluating and developing Township land use policies for recommendation to the Board of Commissioners.
- Reviewing subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications according to Township Codes within legal time limits. Facilitating coordination with Commissioners, Township Engineer, staff applicants and their representatives, and neighborhood groups. Negotiating solutions to development issues and providing recommendations to the various advisory boards and the Board of Commissioners.
- Ensuring that Conditions of Approval imposed on zoning, subdivision, land development and Conditional Use applications are met.
- Coordinating with the Township Engineer's office to review traffic and transportation proposals for subdivisions and land development proposals.
- Maintaining and analyzing demographic, census, and land use statistics.
- Preserving community character through open space, streetscape and historic preservation efforts.
- Implementing and managing Township approved redevelopment plans including the Ardmore Transit Center Plan, the Bryn Mawr Master Plan, Bala avenue and City Avenue Streetscape Plans, Rock Hill Road/Belmont Avenue Transportation Service Area (TSA) and City Avenue TSA.
Building & Planning Committee
All Times Are Approximate
- Date: 02/12/2014 7:45 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Commissioners Elizabeth S. Rogan & Philip S. Rosenzweig|
|Vice-Chairs:||Commissioners George T. Manos & Daniel S. Bernheim|
RESCIND REDISTRICTING ORDINANCE
PRELIMINARY LAND DEVELOPMENT PLAN
29-39 E Wynnewood Road, Wynnewood, Ward 5, SD# 3706.
Applicant – Daniel A. Fuchs, WP Wynnewood Associates, LP
Property Owner – Wynnewood Associates, LP
Applicant’s Representative – Denise Yarnoff, Esquire, Riley, Riper Hollin and Colagreco
Expiration Date – 3/2/2014 ......................................... Zoning – C 1
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Preliminary Land Development Plan prepared by
Bohler Engineering dated November 22, 2013 showing the consolidation of five properties, demolition of six commercial buildings, construction of a retail building with a 7,200 square foot footprint, a bank with a 3,652 square foot footprint, two drive-through lanes and 52 surface parking spaces. The following conditions shall be complied with prior to recording the Final Plan by means of plan revision, completion or financial guarantee, unless specifically exempted.
THE PLANNING COMMISSION RECOMMENDATION WILL BE PROVIDED ON THE FINAL AGENDA
NARBERTH YOUTH RUGBY CLUB
2014 SPECIAL EVENTS ON CRICKET AVENUE
REAPPOINTMENTS TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION
HOURS OF OPERATION – TIME PERMITTING
Consider for recommendation to the Board adopting an ordinance to rescind Ordinance 4010, enacted December 18, 2013, changing the boundary lines of Township wards.
Consider for recommendation to the Board a request from the Narberth Youth Rugby Club to waive the $1,025.00 Zoning Hearing Board application fee for the use of a portion of the fields on the St. Charles Seminary property.
Consider for recommendation to the Board a request from the Ardmore Initiative and businesses located along Cricket Avenue to host spring and fall events on Cricket Avenue and a waiver for each event on the sale/use of alcoholic beverages such as beer.
Consider for recommendation to the Board reappointing the following individuals to the Planning Commission with terms as noted:
Charles Howland – A one year term to expire 2/2015
Alan Ritterband – A two year term to expire 2/2016
Brian O’Leary – A three year term to expire 2/2017
Discuss regulating hours of operation for commercial businesses in proximity to residential uses in residential zoning districts.