Select an Event Category or a Department to narrow the listings.
Building & Planning Committee
All Times Are Approximate
- Date: 01/13/2014 6:15 PM
- Location: Township Administration Bldg - 2nd Floor Board Room
75 East Lancaster Ave
Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003-2323
|Co-Chairs:||Commissioners Elizabeth S. Rogan & Philip S. Rosenzweig|
|Vice-Chairs:||Commissioners George T. Manos & Daniel S. Bernheim|
COOPERATIVE AGREEMENT BETWEEN LOWER MERION TOWNSHIP AND ARDMORE INITIATIVE
CERTIFICATES OF APPROPRIATENESS
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness for a revised design flat panel wall sign over the entranceway along the Station Avenue frontage of 5 E Lancaster Avenue, aka 4 Station Avenue, Peace of Pizza, Ardmore, Ardmore Historic District.
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 HARB recommended approval as submitted subject to the applicant removing both existing wall signs.
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness to reface an existing freestanding sign, replace an existing wall sign and recover existing awnings at 43 Haverford Station Road, Haverford, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services/Fox & Roach, Realtors, Haverford Station Historic District.
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 HARB recommended approval as submitted.
Consider for recommendation to the Board a Certificate of Appropriateness to remove the existing wood siding from the front façade and install HardiePlank siding at 36 E Lancaster Avenue, aka 28-36 E Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Siamese Princess/Jack McShea’s, Ardmore Historic District.
On Tuesday, January 7, 2014 HARB recommended approval provided the applicant works with a committee to resolve the profiles and installation details of the proposed siding.
HISTORIC PRESERVATION CONSULTANT CONTRACT
REAPPOINTMENT TO THE ZONING HEARING BOARD
HOURS OF OPERATION – TIME PERMITTING
ADVISORY BOARD MEMBER TERM EXPIRATIONS
Consider for recommendation to the Board a cooperative agreement between Ardmore Initiative and the Township to allow Ardmore Initiative to be eligible for a $50,000 grant from the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development. Matching funds will be supplied by Ardmore Initiative.
Consider for recommendation to the Board approval of the release of funds held in escrow as Improvement Guarantees in accordance with Section 135-5 of the Township Code for:
440 Conshohocken State Road
Escrow Release no. 2 -- $15,241.00
9-19 S Wyoming Avenue
Escrow Release no. 3 -- $109,505.00
15 E Spring Avenue
Escrow Release no. 3, Final -- 2,750.00
Consider for recommendation to the Board entering into a contract with Preservation Design Partnership, LLC for the historic preservation consultant position.
Consider for recommendation to the Board reappointing Charles Davidson to the Zoning Hearing Board for an additional three year term, such term to expire 1/2017.
Discuss regulating hours of operation for commercial businesses in proximity to residential uses in residential zoning districts.
- Historical Commission – Judith P. Meyer, 4/2013. This concludes her second term.
- Planning Commission – Brian Hirsch, Resigned but agreed to serve until replacement found.
- Electrical Examining Board – Toby George, 1/2014.
- Planning Commission – Alan S. Ritterband, 2/2014. This concludes his second term.
- Planning Commission – Marc D. Vitale, 2/2014. This concludes his first term but he is not seeking reappointment.
- Planning Commission – Brian O’Leary, 2/2014. This concludes his second term.
- Planning Commission – Charles B. Howland, 2/2014. This concludes his second term.
- HARB – Philip E. Franks, 3/2014.
- EAC – Joseph Fruedenberg, Resigned effective January 31, 2014.